Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Nellies small collection

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lets plague AG with E mails about the forgotten orphan. Just sent AG ab E mail about this. I wonder how long it will take them to send the robot letter.
    But if a lot of people ask the same thing they could get the hint.
    Has anyone noticed how low Nellie is in the polls at Dollies Dressmaker??

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nellie has a small collection because she was the first Friend doll, I don't think they ever imagined how popular the friends would be- just as the LE collections have grown, I bet the friends ones do too.

    I also don't think Nellie has been forgotten... she has had dresses released since her original release.

    But send your letters- AG is one of the few companies that does appear to listen.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't mind that Nellie has so few outfits.

    If you compare how many Sam&Nellie (21) have with how many Felicity&Elizabeth (14) have, Sam&Nellie still have WAY more. Since they can share clothes, I think it's good there aren't another 10 Nellie outfits to add onto the Samantha collection! Felicity AND Elizabeth's stuff add up to about the same as Samantha's alone!

    I think all the girls getting mystery books next year will get new outfits, so Nellie will probably get something new then. And poor Josefina, as well!

    Nellie certainly isn't forgotten, they must know how many of each doll they sell. Nellie's obviously pretty popular, so it would be silly of them to not make anything new for her!

    I agree with Skittl, they will read and listen to your letter, even if you get a form letter as a response.

    I'm worried about what they'll do when they release Emily. It wouldn't make sense for her to have a collection larger than Nellie's. Unless they make a story where it's years later (which they probably wont, since the other friends books are ---6), and have Molly visiting Emily in England. ksami and I were talking about this, and she pointed out that there's a travel theme right now/next year, (with the sightseeing outfit, and Jess being a traveler), so it is possible that's what Molly's story will be like. Ruthie, on the other hand, could have a collection bigger than Elizabeth's! I hope she does, because Kit's collection is sort of small, too.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The fact that Nellie has a small collection was one of the reasons why I decided to get her! As you know, Samantha has a huuuge collection. I'd been thinking about getting a second doll, but I didn't want to branch out of Sam's time period, and I don't feel like committing to another large collection until I get out of school and actually have a job to pay for it. [img]wink.gif[/img] Also, I didn't want to deal with the mass of retirements that some of the older dolls have. Nellie's still a fairly new doll, and I was able to get all her things direct from AG. So, there are advantages to smallness and newness. It's cheaper! Plus, like Cami mentioned, Sam and Nellie are sisters so they can definitely do some sharing.

    However, I'm sure that Nellie will be getting lots more goodies in the years to come. I'm kinda hoping she'll eventually get her own bedroom set, like Elizabeth did!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I kind of like that Nellie has a small collection- it gives me a chance to catch up on getting stuff for Addy, Josefina, and Elizabeth.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Pressed_Flowers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2005
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think you also have to remember the character. She was an orphan servant girl until Sam's aunt and uncle adopted her. As an orphan servant girl she wouldn't have much.

    And as other people have said maybe it's to balance with Sam's large collection. And maybe Elizabeth's rather large start is to help balance all the cutting that had been done to Felicity?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nellie's small collection doesn't bother me that much. The only thing is that although she and Samantha can share clothes; the coloring on the clothes doesn't look good with her coloring (skin and hair). It just irks me.

    But well-I don't like that she really doesn't have a "simple" work dress in her collection-considering she was a servant. I've bought Kirsten plaid dress and shawl and Addy's work dress for her, because I think they are similar to what she could wear, since she was a servant. And well-they look really nice on her with her coloring. I would like a simple work Nellie dress though.

    -Jordyn

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Starearedkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2005
    Posts
    617
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nellie's small collection doesn't bother me that much. The only thing is that although she and Samantha can share clothes; the coloring on the clothes doesn't look good with her coloring (skin and hair). It just irks me.

    But well-I don't like that she really doesn't have a "simple" work dress in her collection-considering she was a servant. I've bought Kirsten plaid dress and shawl and Addy's work dress for her, because I think they are similar to what she could wear, since she was a servant. And well-they look really nice on her with her coloring. I would like a simple work Nellie dress though.

    -Jordyn

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If Nellie is to have a small collection why is it not book related. The brick red sailor dress from Nellies promise would be a better choice than her spring party dress. Nellie still has nothing to wear to school,to the settlemeny house or to play in.
    If you looked at her wardrobe without reading the books you would have a distorted opinion of her. It is as if A writes the books and B designs the clohes and they never exchange ideas.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope AG makes Nellie more outfits.They made Elizabeth more outfits then her.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •